Registration Permits and Immunizations

Welcome to Upland Unified School District. Our focus to help our students maximize their full academic potential means that your child will reach his or her educational goals. We are confident that the programs in our public school system will meet and even exceed your expectations.

Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten

California has phased in a change in the admission age for kindergarten enrollment to align with practices in most states in the United States. Children must be five years old by September 2 of the year they plan to enroll in kindergarten. Children with birth dates from September 2 until on or before December 2 may only enroll in transitional kindergarten.

Kindergarten registration begins in March prior to the planned year of attendance. Parents should contact their neighborhood school to obtain and complete a registration packet.

Intra- and Inter-District Permits

The Upland Unified School District is committed to providing quality education for all district students. We will treat all applications for interdistrict and intradistrict attendance permits in a fair and consistent manner. Approval of interdistrict and intradistrict attendance permits for all students, including students needing specialized programs, such as special education, shall be determined by the district and be contingent upon program space availability and class size.

Intra-District Transfers
Intra-district transfers are for Upland residents who desire to enroll their children in a school outside of their residence area. We place applications on a space and program available basis; however, we anticipate that not all schools will have space and program availability for all applicants.

Inter-District Transfers
New inter-district transfer students living outside the Upland Unified School District must file a completed Upland Unified School District application with the required attachments. Applicants must also apply for an Inter-District Transfer Permit from their district of residence. (We will not consider applications without a current transcript or report card and attendance record.) We will grant inter-district transfers on a space and program available basis.

Open Enrollment

  • There is only one form for INTRA-district transfers including kindergarten.
  • Complete INTRA-district transfers using our online form (coming soon).
  • Each site will have paper versions of transfer forms. However, any paper transfers turned in to the school site must be inputted into the system by the school site. 
  • INTER-district transfer transcripts/report card, behavior, and attendance are to be submitted as follows:
    • TK-6th grade: Bring to district office at 390 N. Euclid Avenue, Upland, CA 91786
    • 7th-12th grade: Email, United States mail, or bring to district office
  • Note this year's open enrollment dates: 
    • Intra-district transfers for current grades K-8: February 1-28, 2018
    • Transitional kindergarten and kindergarten registration: March 1-16, 2018
    • Inter-district transfers: March 1 - March 30, 2018

Below are frequently asked questions and answers, which may be helpful to you in understanding the open enrollment process:

  1. Am I assured the school I request during open enrollment?
    No. Some of our schools are projected to be at or above enrollment capacity, so it is important to select a second choice. If requests for a school during the open enrollment period exceed the school’s capacity, applications will be placed on a waiting list. Otherwise, your permit will be processed as an intra-district permit and accepted based on the date it was submitted.

  2. How do I register for transitional kindergarten?
    Upland residents must register their transitional kindergarten (TK) student at their school of residence. TK will be offered at six elementary schools for the 2018-2019 school year. A TK application is required to be considered for TK. Any student is eligible to attend TK at one of the six schools if they will turn five years old between September 2, 2018, through December 2, 2018. Registration for TK begins on Thursday, March 1. Applications for TK are available at the school sites. Applications should be completed by Friday, March 16, 2018, for priority registration.

  3. Is transportation provided to the new school?
    No. Transportation is the responsibility of the parents/guardians.

Please call our district office (909) 985-1864 if you have any questions.